Road Review Committee
- Second Tuesday of each month
- Michael Benincasa, Chief Building Inspector, or designee
- Alex Gregor, Superintendent of Highways, or designee
- Christine Fetten P.E., Town Engineer
- Chairperson of ZBA, or designee
- Chairperson of Planning Board, or designee
- Rick Martel, Councilman, Ex-Offico
- Town Attorney, or designee, Ex-Offico
About the Road Review Committee
Application is hereby made to the Road Review Committee and the Town Board of the Town of Southampton for permission to improve a certain road as a condition of obtaining a building permit in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 123, Article III (Building Construction on Unimproved Streets or Highways) of the Town Code and Section 280-a, Town Law.
- Effective June 2013, the application deadline will be four weeks prior to the next months Tuesday meeting. The completed Road Review Application must be submitted to the Engineering Department.
- Please be advised that if the applicant is not the owner the Owners Endorsement Page must be completed, signed by the owner, and have notarized.
- The application must be completed, signed, and notarized where applicable and submitted in duplicate (original and copy).
- Two prints of the original survey of the parcel in question are to be submitted. At least one original survey the second may be a copy. The survey must have the surveyor’s seal and be signed by a licensed land surveyor. The survey must show building envelope, driveway, location and dated within 12 months.
Should you have any questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact the Engineering Office at 631-702-1750.
Note: A special assessment district covenant is often required as one of the conditions of Road Review. Do not complete this document unless it is requested.
- Blank Special Assessment District Covenant (PDF)
- Erosion Control Measures (PDF)
- Instructions and Application for Road Review (PDF)
- Instructions, Sample, and Blank Special Assessment District Covenant (PDF)
- Road and Drainage Standards Specifications and Details (PDF)
- Road Review Inspection Schedule (PDF)
- Suffolk County Recording and Endorsement Page (PDF)