Beach permits: What do I need? How do I get one?

Go to the Town’s website, then to the Parks and Recreation Department link to download an application. Submit the completed application, with a copy of a valid car registration and proof of residency.

Mail-in applications may be submitted March 16 - June 1.
Parks and Recreation Department
6 Newtown Road
Hampton Bays, NY 11946

To obtain a permit in person: Parks and Recreation Office Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. beginning May 2nd-September 5th. Town Hall beginning May - June, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday only, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

Attended Town Beaches: Weekends only, May 23rd-June 28 then 7 days per week, June 29-Labor Day from 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Town Beach Permits are for the taxpayer’s vehicles ONLY not for their visitors.

Show All Answers

1. How much are beach permit fees?
2. Can I get information about Parks and Recreation Department programs from the Youth Bureau?
3. Beach permits: What do I need? How do I get one?
4. What is valid proof of residency?
5. At which beaches may I use the non-resident permit?
6. At which beaches may I use with the resident and senior resident permits?
7. At which beaches may I use the daily beach permit?
8. Is the Town of Southampton beach permit valid at Coopers Beach?
9. Which beaches have concessions?
10. What do I need to bring for a 4×4 or ramp permit?
11. Where do I get a shell fish permit?
12. Are dogs allowed on the beaches?
13. Do I need a permit for a fire on a town beach?
14. What Southampton Town Beaches and other facilities are handicap accessible?